Windows Admin Password Recovery

I spent a lot of time this week on a problem with a Windows 7 laptop. Somehow, the admin password had changed. No, we did not forget it. One day we could not get access. I was able to access the computer by booting into safe mode a few times. I also chose the last known good configuration and was able to get access again, but it didn't last for long. A day or two later the problem reappeared and the previous fix would not work.
I explored some password crackers, but the information on the web was that they didn't work always very well on Win 7. I eventually found a solution that worked. It was called the Sticky Keys Trick. I pass this on in case anyone else encounters the same problem. Thanks to Michael at:

http://4sysops.com/archives/forgot-the-administrator-password-the-sticky-keys-trick/comment-page-1/#comment-204534

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parmesan - Olive No-knead Bread