Parmesan - Olive No-knead Bread

As you may know, I have been practicing baking no knead bread.  I think I have the system pretty well figured out, at least for here in Reno.  With the elevation of about 4500 feet the recipes seem to need some tweaking.
The white bread most closely resembles to  me a fine artisan bread.  The most important criteria seems to be how wet the dough is (the amount of water).  Number two seems to be the nature of the container for the final proof (rising).


this time I tried a loaf of regular white bread with parmesan cheese and black olives. 

Although I deviated from the recipe the bread was outstanding.

Comments

PJ3 said…
You mentioned that you needed to do some "Tweaking" to the No-Knead bread because you were at 4500 feet... I think at at approximately the same elevation... WHAT tweaking are you doing and what bowls are you using... and any other tweaks that you are using... I have noticed that when I make bread at 2000 feet I get fabulous results... ie much higher loaves
Paul Johnston
American Fork, UT
PJ3 said…
Holy Smokes... I had forgotten that I set up a test site... forgive me
Thanks
Paul Johnston
American Fork, UT
Doc Brown said…
I'm not sure I had to tweak because of elevation. I never tried this at any other place. I just thought it might have an effect. Mostly the adjustments I made had to do with how wet the dough is. When I began, it was a bit dry. Nothing special for bowls, just regular mixing bowls.
I do place it on a towel and in a basket for the second rise.
Chris Muir said…
Damn,that bread looks great!

Popular posts from this blog