More Blood and Gore

Well, here it is. Dianne has sent this photo to all her friends. So I might as well join the festivities. This blog was originally started to report on our travels, but it might be changed to health concerns of the decrepit and infirmed.

I went to urgent care for initial treatment. Dianne was concerned enough to later shuttle me to the emergency room because she was concerned about the possibility of a concussion or fractured skull. A CAT scan put her mind at ease. The swelling was extreme, largely from internal bleeding due to the blood thinners prescribed by my cardiologist. My eyelid, which was completely black (much more so than in the photo), was so large that I could not open my right eye. As swelling subsided enough to open the eyelid slightly we could see that the eyeball was bright red from blood. That too has mostly returned to normal.

Anyhow, there appears to be no long term damage to report, except, possibly for pride.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parmesan - Olive No-knead Bread