Corvettes Attend Homecoming Parade

The Reno Corvettes drove in the parade for the Truckee High School Homecoming.  Seven Corvettes participated.  We carried the Homecoming King and Queen and members or the Court.

Sophomore Prince & Princess, My Passengers
 
My charge was the Sophomores.  The Sophomores float theme was Alice in wonderland.  I'm not sure of the themes for the other grades because once I received my asignment I no longer had the lluxury off exploration. 

Soph's Alice in Wonderland Float

Now, every adventure requires something going wrong and this was no different.  The kids had a music CD to  entertain us along the parade route.  The problem was that mine would not play.  In case you should wonder, I had never played a CD in the entire time we owned the car.  I had no idea if the system worked or not.   We tried every possible combination and then I turned it over to the "engineers".  They eventually settled on plan "B".   three of four stations were selected on the radio and rotated along the route.

When I returned home, I managed to play a commercially produced CD.  I suspect that my player could not read their format.

So, what did I learn?  I never knew my radio would ever play Hip-Hop.  Boy was I surprised.  I think my face must have turned red if I ever thought anyone along the route could hear the radio.

I also never knew that the radio would ever play that loud.  The damage to my hearing may have approached that of Rick's, and I never went to Viet Nam.

We all had a grand time.  Everyone at the school was very appreciative and it was a lot of fun.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parmesan - Olive No-knead Bread