Aviation

I have been taking flying lessons. It's something I have wanted to do for a long time. I am licensed as a glider pilot and as a hot air balloon pilot, although I have not been active in either for about 8 years, but I have not flown airplanes. I now have the time and since we live two miles from the airport I ran out of excuses. I had started before we left for Florida last fall, but stopped because I could not reach any rational plateau before we left.

The typical San Diego weather for the month of June is overcast with a heavy marine cloud layer thay may or may not burn off before mid to late afternoon. Some days it never clears up and the airplanes stay on the ground. I have reached the stage where it was time for a cross country flight along with the flight planning. Yesterday we had a glorious clear sky. It even matched the scheduling between me and my flight instructor.

Since we had room, Dianne came along as a passenger. The flight was about 40 minutes each way and all had a very good time. I only made a few mistakes, and all returned safely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parmesan - Olive No-knead Bread