Off to Reno

We left for Reno this afternoon. We didn't get very far.

I purchased a 1968 Ford Thunderbird as a possible "project car" and intend to ferry the car to Reno, where I have garage space and tools for its restoration. My chauffer, Dianne, thought she could drive all 550 mile on her tip-toes. Her tip toe muscles gave out before she traveled ten miles and since it was rush hour, we had a crisis on our hands. We managed to avert citations for cars broken down along side the freeway. I had to backtrack, and then disconnect the toad before setting out for the rescue. I arrived just as a freeway service patrol was placing a red ticket on the radio antenna.

We decided to wait and try again in the morning.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The fact is, once you showed me how to drive the "monster", and I put a pillow behind me so I could reach -we (the car and I) got along just fine and it is safely in Reno.
Dianne

Popular posts from this blog

Parmesan - Olive No-knead Bread